Re: nvidia driver breaks with pretty much every F8 update

Axel Thimm wrote:
Does that mean it will prevent a kernel from getting installed if the matching kmdls are not available?

No, I didn't want a security update to be ladt off if it missed a
kmdl. But if you install a kernel the moment it gets released (and
therefore there are no kmdls yet available) once the kmdls are there
yum-plugin-kmdl will make yum update get them for you.

.. but this is a Bad Thing when it comes to nvdia, because the next time you reboot, X won't start for a few days. In fact, most kmdls are pretty important for day-to-day operations. Clearly I can see how someone else would want it to work the way you designed it, but that SO doesn't work for me.

But thanks for explaining it.