Re: nvidia driver breaks with pretty much every F8 update

Axel Thimm wrote:
On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:03:11PM -0400, David Kramer wrote:
I have a unique opportunity in that both my server and my laptop are running F8 with nvidia cards, so I can try one way on one computer and another way on the other, and see how it goes. For now, I simply don't do kernel upgrades on the server unless I see atrpms has the right nvidia drivers already, which is a hassle. Maybe I'll try dkms there.

Or try yum-plugin-kmdl.

"This yum plugin ensures that new kernel packages will get the same
"kmdls" installed like the currently installed kernels have."

Does that mean it will prevent a kernel from getting installed if the matching kmdls are not available? I wasn't able to find anything else on it, not even at
http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumPlugins