Re: Linux, Vista dual boot

Ian Malone-2 wrote:

> Jim wrote:
>> Can Fedora Linux be setup to dual boot with Vista as easy as XP, what
>> filesystem type does Vista use ??
>>

> Vista uses NTFS of some description.  I have a Vista/F8 dual boot which
> uses a shared NTFS partition for data quite happily.
>
> --
> imalone

VISTA ntfs has some quirks.  The os makes hidden restore points for itself
that earlier versions of ntfs know nothing about.  Sharing a data partition
gives no problems but simply mounting the system partition can dereference
those restore points.  Happens from dual boot to XP as well.  You can move
the VISTA partition with gparted to set up a grub boot partition and resize
it as long as you have the system DVD.  Google for details.

Robert McBroom