Re: Linux, Vista dual boot

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 21:07 -0800, Fred Erickson wrote:
I have a notebook that dual boots Fedora 8 and Vista. Both the
partitions that Fedora and Vista use are primary. The Vista Windows
Explorer and My Computer can not see the Linux partition.

My fairly new laptop came with Vista, and I added Fedora to it, and
Ubuntu.  My Vista doesn't notice the Linux partitions in the Windows
Explorer file browser, either.

I wonder if the original poster's problem might be down to the partition
types being set as a Windows type, but reformatted into a Linux type.  I
would expect Windows to see that as a partition to be further worked on.

My partition types are set to the same type as they're actually
formatted as.

I have seen the partitions that were on LVMs show in Windows. The standard type linux partitions do not show on systems that I have noticed.

Jim
--
What the gods would destroy they first submit to an IEEE standards committee.