Desktop zoom not working for Fedora-8

There is a feature on X windows when used in Fedora-7 that allowed
you to zoom the desktop in and out using ctrl-alt-plus and ctrl-alt-minus.
This feature does not work with the Fedora-8 version of X windows. This feture does not even work with the same xorg.conf file that was used with Fedora-7.

This is show stopper for us.  Our vision impaired users are screaming bloody
murder about not being able to use this feature with Fedora-8. We have had to install Fedora-7 in place of Fedora-8 on those systems, and we will have to do this Fedora-7 install on all of our servers in order to have all systems using the same distribution version of Linux.

We understand a change to the Xorg software was made to the Fedora-8 version to accommodate users of multiple displays. This change apparently broke the Zoom feature and on the Fedora-8 distribution the Zoom feature was disabled. Apparently there is a patch to the X windows server that can be used to re-enable the Zoom feature, but there appears to be no information available that documents how you get this patch and implement the feature.

We will be testing Fedora-9 when it is released to see if the Zoom feature has been fixed. Otherwise, we will continue to use Fedora-7 as long as we can until an alternative software distribution can be found, Our having to use Fedora-7 over Fedora-8 puts a real crimp in our development effort.

Bill

----
William M. Perkins                   E-mail - wmp@xxxxxxxxxxx
The Greenwood                        UNIX Systems Administration
Reston, Virginia                     (Solaris, Linux, HP-UX)