Re: Where's the bluetooth jargon demystifier? - solved (but rocky road to solution)

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:43:21 +0000 (UTC)
Mike  <mike.cloaked@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I fiddled for ages but then right clicking on the kbluetooth icon in
> the system tray I clicked on input devices - and tried to remove the
> BT mouse line - I was then given the opportunity to select is as a
> trusted paired device and it then appeared in the Configuration ->
>  paired/trusted Devices list.

I tried making a KDE user and logging in and fiddling with the kdebluetooth
stuff, and all I managed to do was crash my system. (Or maybe I
just screwed things up enough that all input devices stopped working :-).

I'd really rather get this thing working with the logitech USB dongle
(not a "real" bluetooth adapter - it merely makes the keyboard/mouse look
like USB devices), but something isn't recognizing the mouse input
as motion events.

Been trying to find out where to start looking for possibly helping
to add support for this new mouse, but it is hard sledding. I can't
even tell if I should be looking at the usb code or the X11 mouse
protocol support.