Re: ****Re: [OT] HELP!!! mail attack

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 11:19 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>

> > Alternative theory here...you suffer from an over inflated value of your
> > own opinions...nothing new there.
> >
> > Craig
> >

> Take a look in the mirror, Craig. I think you're being unnecessarily
> unpleasant.
>
> I don't always agree with Tim, and a while back we had a fairly long
> disagreement, but I favour the conservative approach.
----
ignoring that it was response to this...

> It's clear that you're one of those admins who doesn't see a problem
> with throwing out the real mail, so long as you get rid of all the
spam
> at the same time.  I wouldn't hire anyone with that attitude, it's
> wilful sabotage.

your assessment makes sense. I'm quite certain that my customers don't
feel 'sabotaged' and I won't be seeking a job with him any time soon but
the notion that he wouldn't hire me is beyond arrogance.

I recognize that there are many different theories on running mail
servers and those that are ISP's and handle e-mail for various customers
are in a much different position than those that handle e-mail for a
specific business.

The problem with Tim is that he doesn't see anyone else's point of
view...ever. He doesn't even bother with the notion of trying.

I can assure you that for small-medium company, they are far better off
with an aggressive, server based handling system so that each user
doesn't have to deal with their own Junk mail filters - less phone calls
for support because they can't find e-mails diverted to their Junk
folder, slow computer response while retrieving e-mail and scanning
content, etc. End user mail filtering is a complete waste of time,
energy and computing power. That of course is not the Tim point of view.

Craig