Re: PCMCIA wireless card that "works out of the box"?

On 22/03/08 00:39, bruce wrote:
hey...

for what it's worth...  i have a fc8 laptop running x86_64. i have a linksys
usb dongle/wifi hanging off of it.

lsusb: >> Linksys WUSB54GC 802.11g Adapter [ralink rt73]

given that my contacts are screwing up.. can't tell you the actual
mfg/serial number.

however, i can tell you that if you hit best buy/fry's etc... and get a
handful of the different usb devices, you're probably going to find one that
works, or is registered when you plug it in...

plug the devices in, and hit lsusb, and see which one lights up, and is
dieplayed...

the linksys dongle worked for me...

btw, with this setup, there's no need to run madwif/ndiswrapper/etc...

by the way (again).. i'm running 2.6.24.3...

peace...