Re: nvidia driver breaks with pretty much every F8 update

On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Claude Jones wrote:

>I've never had to 'setup' DKMS. I simply install the nVidia
>driver from freshrpms, and that request pulls DKMS as a
>dependency or whatever, and after that, it just works. So, my
>experience has been far different than yours.

And that may well be the diff right there, Claude, assuming freshrpms matches
the fedora released kernel, so if you get one, get the other.  But I roll own
so that didn't work, no match.

The only caveat to my method is that a new nvidia release needs to be built
and installed from the .run package once so all the libraries match each
other first, then my script does it thing until you dl a newer release.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)