Re: Fedora Makes a Terrible Server?

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Albert Graham <agraham@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  You get out of it what you put in it, this guy clearly could not be
>  bothered to look into issues that he was having or why things had
>  changed - which is called progress.

If something "changes" and that change breaks something badly should
it be called progress?

>  I have installed hundreds of servers using Fedora and I have to say I've
>  had very few problems, kernel issues are not really the fault of the
>  Fedora team, sometimes you hit quirks but these do get sorted out.

If you haven't already, go read the fedora-list or fedora-devel
archives on the 2.6.24 kernel.

>  I find the path / progress and choices Fedora makes are "natural
>  progression" and indeed ahead of the pack.

I find that a opinion is just an opinion.

>  this guy should be using RHEL if he does not want anything to change.

So RHEL is the only way someone might want to have a desktop linux
that can in some capacity act as a server. Noted.

Does not want to break is independent of does not want to change.

>  My 2c.

Which is probably the same value as the rant on that webpage.

-Mauriat