Re: xubuntu

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 21:31 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 21:30 -0400, Tom Holroyd wrote:
> > I just switched to Xubuntu 7.04 on my IBM Thinkpad G40 Laptop and it's
> > dropping keystrokes! I never had that problem with Fedora. I switched to
> > the lowlatency kernel and that helped but did not fix the problem. Is
> > this an atkbd issue, or is there perhaps some other beastie out there
> > turning interrupts off? More to the point, since this is a Fedora list,
> > what is it in Fedora that does this right?

A long time ago, I ran into this problem with a T41 and Fedora.  The
problem turned out to occur only when I used a particular streaming
audio client.

Unfortunately, I don't recall what that software was, but the principle
is relevant.  Are you running any "real-time" apps when the problem
occurs?

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences