Re: Bug backlog - now and future. Some proposals.

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 14:11 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> My view is that there is currently a disconnect between reporting bugs
> and getting them fixed, if the maintainers are the only ones who are
> going to do something, then the user might as well bypass Fedora and
> complain directly to the developer. At least that way they will know
> about it.

There's worth in that, but I can see one place it'll fail:  You'll get
the program maintainer saying that you should go and bugzilla it with
Fedora, because Fedora has modified their program, and the fault's not
theirs (whether true or not), or that the modifications makes it too
hard to determine whether the fault is theirs or Fedora's.

Certainly, if you'd found a fault and a solution, and presented that to
the maintainer, you're got much more chance of it being accepted.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.