Re: Accessing USB Programmer With avrdude

John Summerfield wrote:
> Robert L Cochran wrote:
>> I'm having trouble trying to access a USB device under Fedora 7. I think
>> udev might be my problem.
>>
>> When I try using avrdude with this line:
>>
>> [rlc@bobcp4 atmega644]$ avrdude -c usbtiny -p m644 -P usb -U
>> flash:w:blink_pb3.hex
>>
>> I get this error message:
>>
>> avrdude: Error: Could not find USBtiny device (0x1781/0xc9f)
> Try with a leading zero. .../0x0c9f

I got frustrated and tried this on Microsoft Windows XP...I have this
working on XP -- avrdude definitely detects the programmer device and
then it is able to initialize the target microcontroller through the
programmer. On Fedora 7, it cannot detect the programmer at all, and I
think that is either because there is a udev rules problem, or avrdude
was built without libusb support. Maybe I should get the source rpm and
check into that.

I will try to put up a web page with photos of the programmer connected
to a breadboard with the target mcu (an ATMega644) and a test circuit to
play with...specifically an LED connected to pin PB3 that I want to blink.

Thanks

Bob