Re: How do I deactivate the X11 video device auto-settings?

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 07:07 -0500, pursley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I need to know if someone can tell me that will force X11 to default
> to a specific display mode (24 bit color w/ 1024x768 resolution) when
> it starts up.  I am using an LCD display that is not very forgiving in
> other graphic video modes and for some reason, even though I have that
> listed as the only option in xorg.conf, it still switches to another
> video mode when it first starts up.

You *might* want to play with the DDC option in your xorg.conf, to stop
it probing your hardware for settings, so it just uses what you,
configure yourself.

e.g. Option "DDC" "off"

You can try reading the man files for your graphics chipset, e.g. "man
i810" (substituting whatever yours actually is), but I've found that
some of the options mentioned in these man files were completely
ignored.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.