Re: Semi-transparent box on desktop

Tom Holroyd wrote:
On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 09:25 -0400, max bianco wrote:
I thought this  post was a joke too.  No offense but i did not think
there was anyone using a computer today that didn't know you could
grab multiple objects like that, i am glad everyone is so thrilled , a
rare enough occurrence around here, but this is pretty basic
functionality. I would never have guessed it would cause so much
excitement.

There was a post the other day about accidental rebooting which was
obviously a joke, but it seems people didn't get it. It's hard to tell
in email if you are joking (that's why we use smilies).

Are you saying it is April Fools practice week?  :-)

If you grew up using the command line like I did the desktop is more of
an annoyance. A guy once looked at my screen and said, "it doesn't look
like you are using a window manager at all! Is that just bare X?"

I like to right click to open up the app menu and select "terminal," but
that's about it. Oh and the workspace pager obviously. And the clock.

--
    When you surround an army, leave an outlet free.
    Do not press a desperate foe too hard.