Re: Semi-transparent box on desktop

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 1:38 AM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 22:16 -0400, David Boles wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:

> >> It is a selection 'lasso' that should select any icons that you
> >> encompass.  Then you can do any of the usual things that you can do to
> >> selected icons - drag, copy, delete, etc.  Most other windows should
> >> work the same way.
> >
> > Coolness! It works in KDE, too. Ric
>
> This is a joke post right? A 'funny' post ? A 'pull my leg' post? Maybe
> even a 'giggle together in secret' post?
>
> "a selection 'lasso'"?? You are all joking here right?

Well, didja try it?? It's not so much a lasso as it is a rectangle, but
the simile remains the same. Of course SOME of us don't mess with
Winders :P all the time, so "lassos" are kinda a cool thing to play with
when dinking with X-winders, if you've never seen such a thing. Give it
a whirl! Yahoo!

Next, I'm gonna have Jethro to teach me to cipher, out by the concrete
swimmin' hole. Cuzin Ric

I thought this  post was a joke too.  No offense but i did not think there was anyone using a computer today that didn't know you could grab multiple objects like that, i am glad everyone is so thrilled , a rare enough occurrence around here, but this is pretty basic functionality. I would never have guessed it would cause so much excitement.

Max