----- Original Message ----- From: "Markus Kesaromous" <remotestar@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, 2008, March 14 16:33

No I had no reason to copy a hidden partition.
I had no hidden partition in the first place.
So, my slowness issue may be related to the
laptop itself. I dont know.
As I said, dd from one disk partition to another disk's
partition always yields about 25 MBytes/s. Whereas
clonezilla took it 6 hours to clone 42 GB patition.

This is NOT an issue of misconfiguration. How could you
possibly misconfigure hard drives??? Source drive is
main drive and internal to the laptop.
target drive is a usb2.0 HD (both drives are 7200rpm and udma 6).
Albeit, on USB, udma6 is not operable as that is only applicable to
drives on the EATA controller.

The version of clonezilla is whatever I found on the sourceforge
just a couple of days ago.

Markus

Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:09:29 -0400
From: curoli@xxxxxxxxx

     Dear friends, Mark,

  fdisk showed my Windows HD had a main partition and a "hidden"
partition. did you try copying the hidden partition, too?

     Take care
     Oliver

  p.s.: The hour and a half copying time was for two 80 Gb HDs.