Re: Need Suggestion TV Tuner

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 08:14 -0400, John Minson wrote:
> I need a suggestion for a PCI (no pcie) Tuner Card with remote for
> Fedora 8.On that that subject how does a remote work with a pc tuner card ?
> My tv has an infrared reciever my computer monitor does not.

I've got a Hauppage PVR-150 (not the MCE version) that I've used for a
while now.  I has both an IR receiver and a transmitter so that you can
change channels on a cable or satellite desk top box.  The driver for it
is already in the kernel.  In addition, the card will encode the
received stream directly to mpeg2, so you don't tie up an input on your
sound card.  Note that this is NOT an HD tuner, however.  The other
drawback is that you have to get a modified lirc to make the infrared
remotes work properly.

Dave