Re: Evolution (again)

On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 23:05 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> I was referring to the huge icon laden window it opened that still
> needed a scrollbar up the right side that was less than half the
> height of the window, total scroll length estimated at 2 feet.
> Sorry, but at 73, and with eyes fading from diabetis, I still run a
> 1680x1050 screen on a Synchmaster 205 here.

Here, that window is laden with a lot of choices, but I wouldn't have
called the images particularly large.  Most of the icons are smaller,
even, than Nautilus showing a directory of files in icon mode, at 100%
size.  Some are a bit bigger than others, so I'm guessing the desktop
theme currently in use might play a factor.  My monitor's just a 1280 by
800 WXGA laptop screen, and they look about the same size as any icon in
a program menu bar.  Just spaced fairly well, so that they're not
crammed together, but not overly spaced apart.

As an OT:  I think I've mentioned the big LDK2 camera with you, before.
I obtained a service manual for it the other day, loads of fun to be had
with it when I get some spare time.  You could say, now, that it's an
open source camera.   ;-)  Everything you need to know to build your own
is in it, if you were a glutton for punishment...

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.