Re: Experience of using Fedora in schools

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 2:59 AM, Nicholas Robinson <npr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I've finally managed to convince my school that we should consider abandoning
XP on the workstations (we've been using fedora servers for several years)
and use fedora instead.

Does anyone have any experience of which is better, gnome or kde, for 8-13
year olds? On the basis of four machines, for three days, being trialled by a
few children, it would seem that gnome is ahead. I've always used kde though!

Thanks for any help you can give.

Nick

I was a KDE user till i started using fedora . I could never quite get used to KDE on fedora  and GNOME seems better supported on redhat clones anyway. I have found that GNOME has much fewer options by default  but in MY(not trying to start a war here) experience is more stable than KDE anyway so I vote GNOME for new users. Though I still use some kde apps !

Max