Re: Anyone know of good Linux GPS driving map software?

Gene Heskett wrote:

	I tried long and hard a couple years back with CrossOverOffice
(CXO); and got to where it would launch and run Garmin, Maptech, and
Topo.com (but not Delorme) -- and couldn't enable any of them to talk to
any of my GPSs. Maybe you'd have better luck now.

	One of the machines on my desk has a second hard drive that I can
boot to XP when I want to bad enough; I'm in process of looking for a
sturdy laptop with XP still on it for the car.

I left 25GB for xp to play in on that lappy, but the default boot is to linux.

You'd have a fair chance of making this work if you install the free VMware server on the linux side and configure it to use the windows partiton. Even better if you create a virtual vmware drive and install windows into it. You'll have to re-activate your xp, perhaps either way.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx