Re: Fedora 8 not recognizing eth0 after imaging

Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
After the imaging eth0 is renamed eth0.bak and the active interface is eth1, but using dhcp. What I do is delete eth0.bak using the graphical network tool and make eth1 use a fix IP again,
restart the network service, and reboot.

After rebooting, if I want the identifier eth0 back, I move

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 to

and edit ifcfg-eth0 to change
DEVICE=eth1 for DEVICE=eth0

and then reboot again. If I do anything different, I end up with eth2, eth3, etc ...
and it is really messy.

In addition to these steps, I recently got in an condition where I had
to manually clean the

  /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

file, which appeared very confused by the fact that my harddisk had been
moved across three different machines.

Best regards.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it