Re: AT&T 2Wire783 DSL modem ???

I belive the wep key is the serial number of the modem, you need to read the manual about this.

Jim wrote:
Konstantin Svist wrote:
Jim wrote:
Anyone connect Wireless with Fedora on this Wireless 2Wire783 DSL modem. It requires WEP number, this router has a 10 digit WEP number but no matter how I put the number in I can't get connected,
The selections are ;
WEP 40-128 bit Passphrase
WEP 40-128 bit Hexadecimal
WEP 40-128 Ascii
Leap
Dynamic WEP
I have never got this modem to work wireless with Linux, and it does have wireless capabilites

Have you been able to connect to the modem/router using any other system?
It's possible that the password has been changed.

No, I have never been able to connect wireless, I went into modem and it says that Wireless is enabled. The password in the modem is one that I set, and I have to type it in to do admin on modem.