Re: NetworkManager 0.7 and static IP - how ?!?

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 17:16 -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> I've done that with my router at home - using DHCP to assign a
> fixed IP address. As I said, I have no problem getting IT to do this -
> I just thought Fedora 8 would work at least as well as Fedora 6 when
> this worked just fine.

I wonder if your wireless NIC doesn't have a fixed MAC?  And whether
you're identifying differently than you used to?

If so, and your network is set to tie IPs to MACs, you wouldn't get what
you'd expect.  Their DHCP server will see you as someone different, and
give you a different IP, or refuse to give you one.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.