Install question #1 - repository location

I'm trying to find the best location for a repository to do FC8 installs. My first two trials were direct from DVD and NFS mounted. The NFS mount showed that the max data rate to the new machine was only about 12MB/s, so transfer rate isn't an issue, it's Gbit connection. Therefore, I suspect that seek time may be an issue, I'm wondering if people have compared putting the repository on a USB stick instead of network.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 "Woe unto the statesman who makes war without a reason that will still