Re: NetworkManager 0.7 and static IP - how ?!?

Rick Bilonick wrote:

> Someone is confused here. I have no control over the ethernet wired
> network I want to connect to. It wants me to use a fixed IP address in
> order to be able access certain things available on the network (they
> are NOT available if I let DHCP assign a random IP address to my
> laptop).

I can't help with your problem,
but am slightly puzzled about your scenario,
which seems to come up quite often in discussions about NM.

Surely very few SysAdmins will allow strange laptops
to be attached to their ethernet LANs?
This would be an invitation to disaster,
at least anywhere inhabited by CompSci students.

My experience is that you have to apply in triplicate,
with your MAC address and your company ID.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366