Re: NetworkManager 0.7 and static IP - how ?!?

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 01:07:19 -0400
Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> but insists on requesting the DHCP server on the wired network to
> provide an IP. This doesn't help me much as the resources I need to
> connect with require the static IP address I've been assigned.

The simplest way to solve your problem would be to provide your mac address to
whoever it is that administers the dhcp server in question and request that
they add it to their configuration so you will always receive the correct IP
address from their server.