No Longer Can Edit Devices Settings Using system-config-network

When I open system-config-network (System > Adiminstration > Network
using the menus) as root, it now will not let me change any of the
settings in Devices. I used to be able to change them and save them (I
can change the DNS settings) but after installing the latest Fedora 8
updates yesterday I can't change the Device settings. What gives? What
is preventing making the changes? I turned off NetworkManager and killed
wpa_supplicant (and the nm-applet). Still can't make any changes like I
used to be able to. (I would like to prevent eth0 from starting on boot
up, for example.)

I also notice now that NetworkManager is again showing a button for a
wired network as of the latest yum update. (The wired connection button
had been missing in Fedora 8.)

Rick B.