Syncing Palm device via USB Cable

I'm new to Fedora and am still classified have been messing around with Linux part-time for about a year but am trying to migrate fully to Linux now and can't seem to get my Palm device to sync. It connects via a USB cable and I can even tell you how it appears in the proc file system USB file when it is activated but how do I tell the software that it's there? This is only one of a few things that is hindering my desire to completely eliminate Windows from my computer (I haven't liked Microsoft for years). Any help here?

Bradley