Re: Shutdown, No Login/Logout Window

Mike Chambers wrote:
On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 17:52 -0400, Jim wrote:
FC8, X86_64, i386 boxes
I have problems Log Out > End Session, takes me straight to the 'shell' , no login/logout Window.

At the 'Shell' prompt, login as user and 'startx' , it bypasses user login window and goes right back to Desktop of last user.
I have got two x86_64 and one i386 FC 8 boxes that is doing this.
Please Help !!!!
All three boxes have been fully updated, no more updates avail.

At shell and as root, try /usr/sbin/gdm-restart and if not in front of
you, try the F7 vt to see if you see it.

Mike I should have told you that I'm running KDE in FC 8,
I'm totally confused, I have a perfect working FC 8 (KDE)box here that doesn't have 'gdm' installed, no /usr/sbin/gdm-restart.

The box I'm having problem with doesn't have 'gdm' installed either.

If I reboot computer I get the "Login Window"
But when I Logout (From Desktop) > End Session that is when it goes straight to the Shell. From there I have to login and 'startx' that's where it bypasses 'Login' Window and straight to Desktop.

I did a F7 in the 'shell' and all I get is a  ~  .

What would KDE be using for a "Login Window" ?