Re: Konqueror vs Firefox

Steve Lindemann wrote:
David Boles wrote:

Steve Lindemann wrote:
| David Boles wrote:
|> I tried your site and loaded "Soldier, militants killed in Gaza" and then
|> loaded the forty cartoons that I mentioned. I scrolled up and down the
|> whole time that the forty sites were loading without any problems. I
|> picked a URL from the page and reloaded all tabs. That would be forty-two
|> pages. Still no problem scrolling up and down on the original page.
|>
|> I am not doubting what you say ;-) but I don't see this problem here.
|>

| Please don't doubt him... he isn't the only one seeing a problem.  I've
| had the same issue across multiple windows and linux platforms.  If
| something hangs during the page load, nothing else in Firefox will work
| until that page finally finishes or starts loading more or less
| normally.  While the page is loading the problem is considerably less
| noticable, but if one page load hangs up in the least little way, then
| the whole application hangs...  Firefox is still my browser of choice,
| but that little quirk is more than a bit annoying.

I was serious. I do not see what he described or what you say that you
also have here.

So let us compare situations. If you give me some examples I would be more
that happy to compare results.

There is a possibility that I just thought of and that would be
advertisements and Flash.

I use the extension named Adblock Plus. It blocks ads on web pages. I also
use Flash Block which is user configurable to allow or block Flash by
site. Do you?

good point... I add a number of extensions that could be in play here (from my work desktop):
  adblock
  adblock filterset.g updater
  febe
  firebug
  ie tab           (m$ only)
  image zoom
  noscript
  tab mix plus

The extensions installed can vary between platforms, but those are what I usually add on. I also use greasemonkey (for mediawiki) but saw the problem before I started using it.

I wish I could provide an example of the problem, but I see it randomly and (thankfully) infrequently.

As for the original question - I'd vote for Firefox over Konqueror. But that is strickly personal opinion, it suites me. I don't have hard facts or objective opinion in this case, just subjective preference. ...and when you get right down to it, that's usually what it boils down to. 8^)

Like you I use more extensions than the two that I mentioned. I only
mentioned those two because I thought that they might actually pertain to
the problem that some appear to be having Firefox.

--

  David