Re: Can't get bluetooth mouse to work in Fedora 8

Jim wrote:
Donald Reader wrote:
On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 09:50 -0800, Mike Iglesias wrote:
I just got a Dell XPS M1330 laptop, and have set it up as a dual boot with Vista and Fedora 8. I have a bluetooth Dell Travel Mouse, and it works with Vista, but I can't get it to work with Fedora.

When I turn the mouse on, there's no indication that Fedora has seen the mouse so I right clicked on the bluetooth icon in the upper panel and then selected "Browse Device". The display shows "Dell BT Travel Mouse" and indicates that it's a mouse. I select that and then click connect. I get this in a window:

   Couldn't display "obex://[mac addr of mouse]".
   Check if the service is available.

The input service is running for bluetooth, so I'm not sure what "service" needs to be available. Is there something I should look for to make this mouse work?

--
Mike Iglesias                          Email:       iglesias@xxxxxxx
University of California, Irvine       phone:       949-824-6926

More than likely I am just putting my foot in my mouth
like usual when I try and help but you may need to
install openobx in order to get it to work.

Maybe it will help

Donald Reader

Here is howto on Bluetooth printing, this will be helpful in making sure the correct modules are loading and running some test.
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/fedora-35/bluetooth-printer-success-howto-611173/