Re: [F8 i386] Drive mount locations change at startup.

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Scott wrote:

In addition all "problem" drives aren't showing up in fstab at all (which I find rather odd).

I've got 2 external drives (1 partition each) and 2 other internal drives (several partitions).

All were mounted as I wrote this.

However..

$ cat /etc/fstab
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / ext3 defaults 1 1 LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2 tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0 devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0 sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0 proc /proc proc defaults 0 0 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap swap defaults 0 0

Where are they here?

Did you configure mount points for them during install, or are they being mounted automatically on mount points in /media?

Mounted automatically (albeit sporadicly).

>If you did not
set up mount points for them during install, and did not add them later, then they will not show up in /etc/fstab. You may want to create entries and mount points for the internal drives if they are not removable.

I'll give that a try.

> For
removable drives, you will probably not want to create fstab entries for them - it can cause problems when booting with the drives disconnected.

True.

Thanks.