Re: [F8 i386] Drive mount locations change at startup.

Scott wrote:
I've got 4 internal and two external hard drives.

Every time I boot and log in I find at least one of my internal drives mounts in a different directory than it had previously (the others may as well, but I've not yet noticed - read on).

It's never the same directory (it's either "/media/disk" "/media/disk-1", or "/media/disk-2" or "/media/disk-3").

I've got a symlink from a directory in ~/ to a subdirectory on one of my internal drives and it breaks with every boot.

Is this a bug or a feature? ;)

How might I get my drives to mount in the same place every time?

Use the UUID in /etc/fstab instead of whatever you are using now. Some people may use the filesystem label, but I'm always afraid that when or if I move the f/s to a larger device the name will not change, and if I plug in the old device it will mount. Using UUID will keep you from that particular problem.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>