Fedora will not boot to GUI

Hello,
I have a SuperMicro SC832S-550 Chassis and I am having trouble getting
Fedora LINUX to boot into Graphical mode. My Mother board is a Biostar
K8M800 AM2  with an AMD Sempron Processor and the RAID controller is a
LSI Logic MegaRAID SCSI 320-1 attached to the Hot Swap backplane. There
are 5 75gb Hard drives in the array which is configured for RAID-5.

I loaded Fedora 8 64bit version and the system would panic after the
first boot sequence went through and rebooted. Subsequent reboots would
leave the system hang at the GUI startup.

I did a new install of the i386 version and got the same GUI hang
results. I then got the boot up to stop at GRUB and got the system to
boot to run level 3. The system worked fine, as I could login from a
remote workstation but when I tried to start the GUI , startx. The
system hung at the same screen again , the arrow with the swoosh around
it. The mouse would work but after a long while the system would panic.
I got it to go into run level 3 again and got to snoop in the log files
but didn't see anything that said failure, error .

Thinking that it is Fedora 8 I tried Fedora 6 (i386 version from Fedora
6 Bible DVD). The install went fine. The Graphical install screens came
up (just like it did in Fedora 8) it asked a bunch of questions, I
created a new user and then it said it had to reboot to handle the
changes I made during first boot. As it rebooted I got the normal start
up screens (as I have been getting all along) and then it went to start
the GUI and I was presented with the arrow and swoosh again with nothing
happening.

I am starting to think that the Biostar MB's onboard video chip is not
compatible with the setup. I have an email into SuperMicro for
recommending a compatible MB but I don't think I will get the answer I
want. I don't have any docks for the SCSI Array that came with the
Chassis. It is an SCA array and the drives are all Fujitsu 75gb.

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia

"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"