Re: Mobile phone sync?

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 19:06 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 21:38 +0000, Albert Graham wrote:
> > Try this:
> >
> > http://www.openmoko.com/products-neo-base-02-screenshots.html
> >
> > But, I think they are about to bring out a newer version :)
>
> Yep, I'm guessing this will be in production and available for US
> carriers about the next time I need a phone upgrade.  I'm not in a
> position to be a developer or use a test device at this point.  I'm
> looking forward to it, though.
>
> Meanwhile, what can I get today from US carriers that I can sync with
> Evo?
>
> Thanks.
>

> > Also check out some vids on youtube.
>
> Pointers or hints what to search for, what's useful info and what's
> junK?  (Or was this suggestion for OpenMoko too?)

I ordered a data-cable for my Verizon LG VX4650 which turns out to be a
USB/Serial cable and nothing seems to work. So, yesterday I ordered a
true USB cable and I'll let you know how that works. Meanwhile, get
Bitpim and try it with what you already have. It seems the most
promising of everything that hasn't worked so far. <giggles inanely>
Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar