Re: FC8: Block Auto Updates Without GUI

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 03:45 +0000, Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> My security software found that my small FC8 box
> that has no GUI is automatically making ftp
> connections with a mirror sight.  How can I
> prevent that from happening?  For now, I have
> blocked it with iptables, but I would like to
> stop the attempts.

What security software?  Doesn't it have some way to tell you what is
making the access?  If you can catch it in the act, yourself, using
extra parameters with the netstat command can reveal the program doing
so.  e.g. netstat -tuevp

But, like others, I'd suspect it's a FTP YUM mirror being checked.

Mirror mirror, on the web, who's the updatesed of all...

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.