Re: on-access virus scan

Marcel Janssen wrote:
On Saturday 01 March 2008, Tim wrote:
On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 11:07 +0100, Marcel Janssen wrote:
I would like to know how I can best configure on-access virus scanning
on Fedora 7 & 8. I found dazuko, but wonder if this is the only way to
get on-access scanning done.
It's generally considered unnecessary.  Perhaps if you outlined
what/what you wanted to scan (e.g. you're running a file or mail server
for some Windows clients), someone might suggest some ways to do what
you want.

I have several samba shares to which multiple windows host connect.
What I want to prevent is that one windows host can write a virus/worm to my samba shares so that other windows host can be at potential risk. I'm in a work environment where some users have local admin permissions (hardware/software developers). These users need full control of their stations at all times. Closing down permissions of these users is not an option. This is a risk, and therefore I like to protect my shares a bit better than currently is done.

Regards,
Marcel

have a look at AVG for Linux (grisoft.com) ... it uses dazuko for on access scanning. As far as I know, dazuko is the only way for on access scanning to be done at the moment.