Re: graphical desktop does not start after install

Bruno Rebeschini wrote:
I just installed the F8 Unity Re-Spin on an old laptop, but the graphical interface does not start.

I used all standard config options to get the desktop installed. Then on first boot, I get the config options in text version to deal with networking, time settings and so on... but I am not asked to create a new user, and I eventually end-up on the command line interface with only the root user available.

how can I get the graphical interface to start automatically?

Edit /etc/inittab and change

id:3:initdefault:

id:5:initdefault:

Mikkel