Re: Network Mangler assigns other IP to eth0??

On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 15:53 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 12:57 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:
> > My first fear was that I was root-kitted via my stinking 56k modem,
> > that only runs reliably at 28.8
>
> Going off at a tangent, would you fare better (speed-wise) with a
> different modem?  Over here, we have what are termed "rural modems"
> which are designed to cope better with the harsh conditions of long
> phone lines out in the bush.  The usual off-the-shelf modems fail
> miserably on such lines.

I haven't a clue. The rural phone lines around here are pretty much
terrible and I had to choke the modem down in the init string for
anything to happen, including the login. It's that OR a bunch of old
tired non-USRobotic friendly modems at the ISP with crap for
compression. The modems you're talking about should sell like hot-cakes
over here!

I'm still waiting on our Non-Profit to come up with my Satellite
package, but getting money OUT of a Non-Profit is like squeezing raisins
to get juice. ;) It takes a LOT of squeezing, as well as patience.
;) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar