Re: Network Mangler assigns other IP to eth0??

On Feb 18, 2008 9:20 AM, Claude Jones <cjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon February 18 2008, Ric Moore wrote:
> I can't speak to your setup, but, it sounds like your DHCP server is not
> coming up before your card is attempting to be assigned an address.

When this happened to me, I was connected directly to my cable modem.
Of course its possible that my ISPs DHCP server went down for a
significant amount of time, but the manager of the network
(NetworkManager) should have made a request at x minutes hours later
again. It never did.

I simply don't use NetworkManager on ethernet connections if I don't
have the time to do troubleshooting.

( www.pembo13.com )