Keyboard configuration problem

I got a weird problem when upgrading from FC4 to FC6.

My keyboard is brazilian, abnt2. It worked fine in FC4. But, after the
upgrade, it behaves strangely. And the behaviour can't get fixed by
system-config-keyboard or any other trivial method.

In resume, for some accounts, it works fine, as abnt2. For other accounts
under KDE (but not under Gnome) it works as an USA keyboard. And for
other accounts, the keys are misinterpreted.

I suppose there must be something wrong down in the .kde tree, and
I think I could fix it if I could delete some files. But I have no idea which
(until now, I haven't done anything irreversibly destructive...). Any ideas?

Alberto Monteiro