Re: kernel update warning

Kam Leo wrote:
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 18:27:31 +0100,
  Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Hi,
 > I just saw that opensuse 10.3 has an warning when there is a kernel update.
 > Look how they handle this:
 > http://www.uploadgeek.com/uploads456/0/new-kernel.png
 >
 > What do you think would this also be nice if Fedora had something like
 > this or not?

 Fedora has an update alert feature. I don't know if it can filter what
 it checks to be a subset of what you have installed though.

OpenSUSE also has an update alert feature. The reboot message is
displayed when the kernel is updated. The difference between openSUSE
and Fedora is that only one version of the kernel is kept on the
system.

Which retains only one version of the kernel?

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait