Re: Advice for Red Hat/Fedora

Les Mikesell wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:

On the other hand M$ anounced today it would rellease 3,000 pages of its
Vista and Office code to the public.

Errr... that's 30,000 pages. How fast can you make everything interoperate perfectly now?

Release to the public for viewing? Or using? If it's not released under an open source license someone who looked at it may write compatible code and then be at risk of suit for copying code, methods, whatever.

That's why some shops use double blind development, people who see the specs (I use that loosely) write a requirements document which the development team then codes.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>