Re: kde 3-4 question

TNWestTex <mcforum <at> bellsouth.net> writes:
> Depends, if you envy M$ VISTA with AERO you'll be happy.  Things will zoom
> and swoosh all over your desktop.  If you want to configure something
> different, good luck on finding the control.

Sorry, but:
* KWin's desktop effects are not enabled by default.
* They can be enabled or disabled in the preferences already.
* The Plasma panel is lacking configurability, but this is going to improve in
4.0.2 and 4.0.3 (backports of the features essential for usability from 4.1 to
4.0 are being done), and 4.0.3 is what will most likely be in Fedora 9 final.
Don't forget that Fedora 9 is still in alpha/pre-beta stage.
So I don't think it will be quite the catastrophe you're painting it to be. ;-)

        Kevin Kofler