Re: How do i turn GDM sounds on?

Mark wrote:
I'd say they are bugs. I see the user list, type in the password and do
 not consider sound as important for a Graphical login which only is
 momentarily used. There should be a sight impaired program separately
 for login related to sound. I don't thing that there is one, but it
 would be a valuable tool for sight limited circumstances.

 Jim

Could you confirm them?
btw they are not an issue on another operating system i tried (ubuntu).

Presently I am using rawhide and the graphics display is broken for me. I have a radeon card where the gdm respawns. I believe I can set the ati card to settings which would allow gdm to load successfully.

I never examined the login manager for sound features before since it is used for such a short time to login, so pretty unexplored in my computing.

If Fedora 8 is having problems with gdm and sound, it is probably a bug introduced in the Fedora version used.

Jim