Re: How do i turn GDM sounds on?

Mark wrote:
Hey,

In gdmsetup you have a "Accessibility" tab where you can set sounds. I
selected everything there and set the three sounds but when GDM starts
there is no sound. Is there another setting that i need to change
somewhere else?

And before you ask. my sound in other applications is working fine so
it isn't a sound card issue.

And a side question also related with the sounds. how do i turn on the
login and shutdown sounds of Gnome? when i enable the sounds in the
sound settings they are not working and never did in Fefora 7 or 8
(don't remember 6 well).

Or are both issues bugs?
If so than please verify them and i will report them.

Thanx
Mark.

I'd say they are bugs. I see the user list, type in the password and do not consider sound as important for a Graphical login which only is momentarily used. There should be a sight impaired program separately for login related to sound. I don't thing that there is one, but it would be a valuable tool for sight limited circumstances.

Jim
--
If while you are in school, there is a shortage of qualified personnel
in a particular field, then by the time you graduate with the necessary