Re: EXPECTing a reply

On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 13:30 +0000, tony.chamberlain@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Once however I ran the program and it didn't work.  Doing some
> investigation I realized that every once-in-a-while (seems
> unpredictable) the VPN also asks something like
>
>      Unable to verify certificate 1d:3a:4c:1b:2a:3d:41:5e
>    accept [y/n]:
>
> (again the hex digits have been changed for security reasons).  So
> what I am expecting (Username) does not come up yet.  First I have to
> send a "y".  But I can't do this automatically or sometimes it will
> send "y" as my username.
>
> I can see two possible solutions, but not sure how to implement
> either:
>
>   1) Make it so it never (or always) asks to accept the certificate

I wouldn't set a script to auto-accept unverified certificates.  You
open yourself to abuse.  i.e. You could be logging into someone's man in
the middle attack, who snaffles up your logon credentials.

You want to find out why you're being asked this, before trying to come
up with a work-around.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.