Re: Disable USB ports

Tom Holroyd wrote:
On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 05:14 -0500, arunbkn@xxxxxx wrote:
How can I disable USB ports of my client PCs, such that USB ports will
not be used for mass storage media (pen drives , etc) where as enable
for other purposes such as printer, etc.

Tell your users not to do that. If you can't trust them not to put a USB
stick into the computer I don't see why you're letting them use the
computer in the first place.

<snide remark>or let them use _my_ computer, which after upgrading,
F5 -> F7 -> F8, now behaves exactly like you want, which pisses me off
enormously. I.e., USB drives appear in /proc/partitions but won't
mount.</snide>

Dr. Tom
--
And he who would not languish amongst men, must learn to drink out of
all glasses; and he who would keep clean amongst men, must know how to

What about using SELINUX.  Isn't this part of the idea behind SELINUX?

--
Robin Laing