Re: Re: comcast website's

See below at ***

mw

"Lose not thy airspeed lest the ground rises up and smites thee." - Anon.

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Bob Kinney wrote:
I use Comcast also, and host my web site via my always-on
connection-- from inside my home.  This gives you the freedom to
make your site how YOU want it.  You own it, you control it.

And this is a violation of the comcast terms of service agreement last
time I read it.  Whether you, they, or anyone else cares is another
matter. ;)

I'd like to set up my own mail server for my domain, too, but
initial tests show that Comcast, in my area anyway, blocks outbound
traffic destined to port 25 (SMTP).  After one laughably ridiculous
conversation with their tech support, I haven't pursued it further.

Even if comcast didn't block outbound port 25 you'd find that many
other mail servers would not accept your mail because it was coming
from a known dynamic IP address pool.
All you have to do is point your sendmail to comcast's mail server (smtp.comcast.net). That's what I do and it works just fine. I've had my webpage on my local Linux box for years and have never had a complaint from Comcast. Of course, I don't have millions of daily hits either.

mw